After delighting millions of people with new ways to accurately capture, share and re-experience life in 3D and VR, we are working on an exciting new project.
Our computer vision technology is no longer available for licensing and the Seene iOS and Android apps have been taken offline.
We’d like to say a big thank you to all of our wonderful Seene users, who proved to the world that anyone can create beautiful 3D content instantly on their smartphone. We are looking forward to what’s coming next!
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by registering for use of our Services. This includes information provided at the time of posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- User Submissions, which include photos and comments, taken by you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our App and/or Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
Device information: We may collect information about the device you may use to access the Website or download or stream a copy of the App or access the Website onto your device, including, where available, the device's unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the device's telephone number, for system administration and to collate aggregate information.
Log information: when you use the App or the Website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
Retention of your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and kept for the duration of your use of the Services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to our App or Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You acknowledge and agree that any personal data published by you using the Services is at your sole discretion and is accessible by the public.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the App and/or the Website. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our App and Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about new information, updates, and other changes to our Services.
- To manage your account.
In addition to the above uses we may use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to notify you about goods or services which may be of interest to you. For such uses we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) if you have consented to such communication when we collect your data.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or device, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies, or refer to the instructions in your browser software. Our cookies will be from the domain "seene.co" and have the file names "_ga", "XSRF-TOKEN", and "connect.sid".
Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Services.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Obvious Engineering Limited, the App, the Website, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the Services.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
Where your User Submissions contain the personal data of children under the age of 13 years, you acknowledge that you must have obtained the consent of the child’s parent or guardian prior to posting such User Submissions using the App and/or the Website. In the event that we learn that your User Submissions contains personal data of a child under the age of 13 years, we reserve the right to remove and delete the User Submission without your consent or prior notice to you. If you believe that any User Submissions appearing on the App and/or the Website contain the personal data of a child under 13 years, please contact us at the e-mail address provided below.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.